can't find my size screen door

Old 04-19-19, 01:56 PM
can't find my size screen door

The measurements for where I'd like to put a simple, basic, (for the garage) screen door are 31 by 78. I have Googled and can't find that size....any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-19, 02:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You might try a mobile home supply store. MHs typically have shorter than standard doors.

Old 04-19-19, 02:11 PM
Group Moderator
Are you talking about a wooden screen door (screen only) or a self storing storm door with a glass window and a screen?

We would need to see a picture of your jamb... you might be measuring in the wrong place. Certain types of storm doors can easily be cut down to custom sizes, while others cannot be cut at all.

Wooden screen doors could obviously be cut down to size... you would get a 32x80 and cut it down.

Old 04-19-19, 02:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
With a wood door it's imperative that you seal the entire door including top/bottom. That will prolong it's life. I just remembered that about 35 or so yrs ago I had a door custom built to fit a non standard opening. I was presently surprised that it only cost about 10-15% more.

Old 04-20-19, 02:21 PM
Thanks to all. It is my "wouldn't it be nice" idea so as per usual kind of odd. It would actually be inside the door jam . I know, my "wouldn't that be nice" ideas are always odd. I did measure pretty carefully, watched a video on how to measure for screen doors.

I had some of those magnetic screens you put up with double sided sticky tape and tacks...but I've gone through two of those and am tired of them. They don't work that great.

I will check mobile home supplies. And there is a close by, one man shop, door supplier, who supplied me with some great doors for my other "wouldn't it be nice ideas" that actually worked.

The contractor who was doing the renovation and put the doors in couldn't believe the price, as in it was so low....so I will certainly check with my "door" man.

Old 04-20-19, 04:30 PM
Group Moderator
When you measure the door, what is the size of your door? Cuz thats how big your screen/storm door would usually be unless they trimmed it in an odd fashion.