Aluminum Track?


Old 06-04-19, 08:40 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Aluminum Track?

I have researched for hours upon hours on what this is (image attached.) For the life of me I can't figure it out. I know that my windows are Double Hung Non-Tilt Spring Loaded Sash Windows. I want to renovate them a little. The spring (not too sure which type) is located under this metal track. The metal track is beat up pretty bad on a lot of my windows. Does anyone know what it's called? Where I can get a replacement? Or if there is a way to fix the "track?" Maybe contact Info for someone who is willing to give me a little history lesson on this type of window and knows this part?

Name:  window.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  87.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 06-04-19 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added pic from link
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-19, 08:45 AM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 3,852
Likes Received: 42
Knowing the manufacturer is going to be key, finding "generic " parts is going to be very limited!

Even with the manufacturer, having parts for old windows will be a changeling!
Old 06-04-19, 10:36 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 50,955
Likes Received: 155
Spiral window balances for non tilting windows. Most difficult to replace on windows where the sash doesn't come out. There are several companies that offer replacements.
Old 06-05-19, 04:18 AM
johnam's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 1,939
Likes Received: 1
Looks like this is what you're looking for:
Old 06-10-19, 06:42 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2

Awesome!!! Very helpful. Thank you all!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes