Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

Determining the manufacturer of my entry door

Old 08-01-19, 05:40 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am trying to replace my entry door. If I could identify the manufacturer of existing door, I then could just replace the panel without the need of changing the frame. The door size is 36"x80", the top of the door to the top of the first hinge is about 7&3/4", the top of the door to the middle of lock is about 39". The side of door has a mark of "Benchmark II", and the hinges have mark of "BMI". I tried to google it. Therma-Tru also has Benchmark on part of its company name, but they make fiberglass doors (my door is a steel door). The size does not match neither. So, can you help identifying the manufacturer of my door. Thank you!!!

Name:  d1.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  d2.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  34.3 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 08-01-19 at 05:50 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Old 08-01-19, 05:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,525 Votes on 1,408 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

BMI looks like Builders Millwork Inc.

Old 08-01-19, 06:31 PM
D
Thank you, Pete! I will give them a call tomorrow to ask. They seems to be in MN and WI, but I am in NY, but definitely worth to call them.

Old 08-02-19, 07:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 939 Votes on 857 Posts
Therma-tru benchmark also makes steel doors sold at Lowes. (insulated steel / fire rated steel.)

Old 08-05-19, 07:49 PM
D
Got response from Therma-tru:
" In response to your email the Benchmark II doors are no longer being made. They were a General Products door and they went out of business in 2004. Replacement part companies such as Strybuc and All About Doors sell aftermarket replacement parts for these doors, unfortunately the door slabs are not available for replacement. The Benchmark doors you saw at Lowe’s are Therma-Tru Benchmark doors not Benchmark II."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: