Sliding Glass Door Drywall Return


Old 08-20-19, 09:31 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 345
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sliding Glass Door Drywall Return

Thought I had posted about this previously but can't find it...

First pic is looking out, second is looking in. Replacing my SGD and it appears there is a metallic drywall return installed against the studs. I assume this is done for production by the developer.

This one is damaged and either needs replacing or removal. Where would I go about purchasing these? I'm not having luck on searches...not sure of the item term. I need to replace it?. How would I finish the the interior without the return.

Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  78.7 KB

Name:  p2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  81.5 KB

Previous post.......... Existing-sgd-has-metal-frame-surrounding it

Last edited by PJmax; 08-21-19 at 10:01 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-19, 04:33 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 22,919
Received 168 Votes on 157 Posts
I would rip it put and trim it with wood. It's a little hard to insulate the door properly when it's in the way.
Old 08-21-19, 04:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,898
Received 102 Votes on 94 Posts
If you don't want wood trim you could do a drywall return, I've painted a lot of houses done that way although I prefer the look of a wood jamb/casing.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: