Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

commercial door gets stuck whenever weather gets hot

Old 05-28-20, 07:43 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

hi, i need some help , i have a commercial door which is rubbing off the ground and needs adjustment but can not see any adjustment screws apart from ones that are used for the speed of closing for the closer i will attach images because without that its difficult to tell , there was mention of a screw in another thread but i am not sure which screw it is ,thanks

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-20, 07:47 AM
K
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/d...r-sagging.html

i tried all this apart from the screw adjustment i am not sure which one it is

Old 05-28-20, 08:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 721 Votes on 667 Posts
Rubbing the ground.

Rubbing where? Leading edge of the bottom? Evenly across the bottom? What does the gap above the door look like when it's closed? And the gap on the sides? What does the threshold look like? And please back up a little when you take your pictures. We have the ability to zoom in if you stand back and take a photo of the closed door.

Old 05-28-20, 10:22 AM
K
hi, thanks for input , its the lock side bottom corner only the rest is ok , if it was raised 1mm on that corner it would solve issue i found another adjuster screw i dont know if will help i was going to drill a hole for access to try it , the screws removed from bottom on purpose i will put back , thanks

Attached Images   
Old 05-28-20, 11:36 AM
Group Moderator
Close the door. Jam a thin prybar (like a glazing bar) under the door while it is closed, and raise up on it a bit. See if that helps a little. Then open the door a couple inches and try tightening the nut that is inside the top of the door frame (32" above the lock) a little bit... but not too much. It's the one opposite the one in your first pic in post #4... assuming that is showing the top hinge side of the door.

You can also take a block of wood, set it on the threshold where its rubbing, and hit the block of wood with a hammer, not whaling on it, just smacking it. Can't see your threshold so just making an educated guess.

Old 05-30-20, 04:27 AM
K
thank you for your support in the end i had to get professional door repair man to get it fixed , he took the whole door off and repaired the issue , but i did notice that the screw that i mentioned and did not know what it did was the adjuster for horizontal movement and he drilled a whole to gain access ! that was adjusted and there was grinding and trimming done to door also

it was at the back of door and you can see it with door wide open and looking from outside top rear of the door from outside the premises, so at least we know now and can help somebody else , kind regards

Old 05-30-20, 07:18 AM
Group Moderator
Turning the screw and turning the nut should accomplish the same thing. (Hold the slotted head with a right angle screwdriver and turn the nut). It must not have helped much if he had to grind the door. At any rate, glad it's working again.