Fix Window?

Old 06-12-01, 09:28 AM
troedel
Visiting Guest
This is hard to explain but I will try my best. I have typical vinyl windows which slide up and down. They also have little clips that you push in so the window can swing down so you can clean it easy. At the bottom of the window is little metal rods that stick into the window frame so when you are cleaning the window it doesn't simply fall out. My problem is that on one of the windows the plastic piece that holds this metal rod broke. Therefore when cleaning, only one side is held up and it is awkward. My question is can I replace this one piece without replacing the entire window? I am not replacing the entire window because this broken piece is only noticeable when you are cleaning it. It does not affect the strength of the window or how it closes.

Thanks for all your help

Tom

Old 06-13-01, 12:34 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Tom, there are literally hundreds of vinyl window mfgrs., and they don't use the same parts. (Kinda like trying to get Ford parts to work in a Subaru!!) Best bet would be to have a glass shop come out and look at it and see if they can find the parts for you. If you happen to know the window mfgr. it could sure shorten their search!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: