Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Doors, Skylights and Windows
Reload this Page >

What's this top wedge called on a sliding window?

What's this top wedge called on a sliding window?


Old 09-12-20, 05:51 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 143
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What's this top wedge called on a sliding window?

On my wood non tilt up/down sliding window, there is a plastic "wedge" on each side. I believe they wedge against the channel balance to keep the balance along side the window, and to keep the window in the window frame. However, mine has apparently failed. On several ocassions I saw the window balance has slid past the wedges.

What are these wedges called? I want to buy replacement.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-20, 06:00 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 25,807
Received 638 Votes on 590 Posts
It's a top sash cam (or guide).

Examples: https://www.swisco.com/cl/Top-Sash-C...Balance-Guides
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: