How do I fill gaps in casing/frame?

Old 03-10-21, 12:41 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 46
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question How do I fill gaps in casing/frame?

I have noticed on quite a few windows around my house there are gaps around the frame/casing as shown in the picture. It looks like a plastic fill is used and wasn't cut to size properly when the windows were installed. Is there a way to fill these? The windows are made by Hunter - do I need to ask them?

Old 03-10-21, 12:55 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,398
Received 1,744 Upvotes on 1,568 Posts
Open your window and tip it down like you are going to clean it. Then slide those pieces back up with your finger. They often slide down over time as the window is operated. Pretty common for that to happen.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: