Pella Casement Window Adjustment

Old 04-22-21, 10:21 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Pella Casement Window Adjustment

I have one Pella Designer series casement window that does not close tightly at the bottom. It is a good seal at the top, but has a pretty big gap at the bottom. I noticed it this winter when it was really cold outside. I am attaching two pictures of this gap. The pictures show the gap with the rope caulk I put in the gap to stop the cold air from coming in. Do any of you know if there is a way to adjust how tightly the window closes at the bottom. I have looked it over really well now that it has warmed up and cannot find any way to adjust this. Everything on the sill and around the closure hardware is clean; so, it isn't debris stopping this from closing the same at the bottom as it does at the top. Thanks for any help.

Old 04-22-21, 11:25 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
No there really isn't any adjustment. The hardware is supposedly machined to be located in the correct place every time. The only thing you could do is remove the sash, remove the hinge hardware on the bottom of the sash, drill out and fill those holes with wood glue and a 1/8-3/16" dowel, cut those off flush once the glue is dry... Then remount the hinge hardware so that it's 1/8" closer than it was.

And this of course would void any warranty since its not performed by a Pella service tech. But you don't have much to lose... and not real tough to do. Just don't drop and lose or strip any screws.

Old 04-22-21, 12:18 PM
Received 388 Upvotes on 337 Posts
If the windows are new and still in warranty, call Pella.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: