Jalousy Doors

Old 08-13-01, 01:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am interested in putting in a Jalousy door on the side entrance of my house. I live in St. Clair Shores, Michigan and have shopped and searched all over the Metro Detroit area for Jalousy doors to no avail. I was either told that manufacturers don't make them anymore or that the dealers simply don't have any. I am stumped. Any info regarding where I can purchase a Jalousy door would be very appreciated! Thank You! George Hammond

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-01, 05:56 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We have a break down in communication here. Describe it to me.

Old 08-14-01, 01:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Jalousy Doors

Sorry about the lack of info on Monday. To start, the Jalousy door is a storm door commonly found in the warmer regions of this country. It has the frame of a storm door with a screen usually about 6 feet long and centered in the middle of the door. Then there are louvers (glass slats) on the outside of the door that with the help of a crank on the inside part of the door, can be opened to let in air from outside. I know many residences in Florida and Alabama where the Jalousy door is used. A few of the dealers I searched explained to me that the Jalousy door is mostly found in the southern states. Plus, alot of manufacturers I was told, do not carry them anymore. I think that maybe that style is just gone for good. But I would appreciate it if there was anyone who could point me in the direction to where I can purchase one in decent condition! Thanks.

Old 08-19-01, 07:12 PM
S
Hi George,
Send me an email or post back if the name of a distributor who sells a conversion kit for any size opening in a door will be of use.

Old 08-19-01, 09:02 PM
L
The storm doors used most commonly on the west coast are similar, but instead of the louvered glass, they have double hung glass panes.

Old 08-27-01, 08:21 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Hi George...PGT in Florida carries aluminum jalousie outside doors (either with glass louvers or aluminum louvers)...there tele # ie 1-800-282-6019...Good luck..Tree

Old 08-27-01, 10:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile Jalousy Doors

Thanks Tree for the info and the help. It is greatly appreciated! I will call ASAP. Thanks!!!

George