Looking for an upside down rake

Old 03-12-02, 08:30 PM
mrisch
Visiting Guest
Looking for an upside down rake

I bought a rake window from Viking to put with the rake side down (matching the pitch of the roof) and the horizontal side on the top.

Turns out Viking won't make that, and I can't turn it upside down due to the weep holes.

Any ideas? Anyone know a manufacturer that will make an upside down rake window?

Old 03-13-02, 08:33 AM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
This a fixed glass ? like a picture unit ?? Does the roof overhang enough to protect the glass fairly well ?

If the answer to the above are yes, I'd turn it anyway I wanted.....but then I do a lot of stuff you aren't supposed too , so take that advice with several grains of salt.

Old 03-13-02, 07:42 PM
Lucky13
Visiting Guest
Inverted glazing may accumulate moisture inside the frame, freeze in cold weather, and crack the glass. The glass may also slip in its frame to the point where the tip of the glass is supporting the weight of the glass, also causing the glass to crack. If you decide to do it anyway, chances are it will void the glass warranty. I know of no residential window manufacturer that warrants inverted glazing.

Good luck!
Lucky 13

Old 03-13-02, 08:02 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Since this is obviously a picture (non-opening) window, I would go to a local glass shop and have them cut panes to your order and wood-stop them in. One thing you DO NOT want to do is put the weep holes at the top of the window. Too great of a risk of water weeping in from the outside if you do that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: