aluminum storm door

Old 04-29-02, 01:00 PM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
aluminum storm door

hi again
jeepers i feel like i should be billed for all this great service-so here goes again:
my daughter had her aluminum storm door damaged . it seems a wee bit bent at the top just above the top hinge and can't quite close. i used up my ace by putting a scissior jack(with plywood to protect) and raised the door slowly hoping to pop it back. it seems a little better. it is a nice door with a large ornamental glass in the middle. should i pull it and work off the hinges or what? i can't tell you more b/c i've eye balled it and it seems ok except that little bent area. i was thinking of driving in longer screws while 'over racking' it but.......
well anway your help, once again would be greatly appreciated.
peterr

Old 04-30-02, 06:25 PM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
Over racking with screws might work...you might also take a block of wood up against the bent area and smack heck out of it with a heavy hammer.

Old 05-01-02, 03:04 PM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
door fixed

hi again
i didn't have a 3 lb. hammer so i had to take it off and glad i did. the metal side of the door pulled loose from the door itself but it could not be seen till i took it apart. i repaired all the holes with wood filler and also put a wooden match in each and broke them off. when i rescrewed each they socked in tight . the door is level plumb and i'm hoping my daughter can find a piece of her apple pie for me tomorrow.
thanx and talk soon.
peterr

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: