Window Problem

Old 04-30-02, 08:07 AM
jnrom
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Window Problem

Here is our problem. My husband and I recently puchased this house. There are 2 bathroom next to each other. The full bath is 5X7 and the half is like 5X3 or something. The half bath has a full window. So we planned to knock the wall out between the two and make them one. However, here is our problem, we need to place our whirlpool tub under the window, and we want to put a shower there too. However, we don't know what to do with the window. Is it possible to have a window (which is 36X36) in the shower. Do we have to have a special window??? Or do we have to cover it up.??? But then the siding outside has problems. What can we do???? This is the only place the shower can go. I wondered maybe if there was a special window for this type of circumstance. Thanks, and we'd appreciate any help!!!

This is kind of how it looks. The tub would go to the far left and that's where the window is.

Thanks for any help,

Jessica

Old 04-30-02, 10:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Your illustration didn't come through, but the easiest way to solve the problem is to hang a clear plastic shower curtain liner over the window, extending beyond both sides of it.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 04-30-02, 06:20 PM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
I'd either leave it out ( you don't say what type siding is outside that you would have to deal with if you wall it off), or I'd put in a pre-made glass block window, and tile up to it all around, using a cement board underneath the tile, and seal it good where the tile meets the glass. Using about any type if operating window is an invitation to rotting out your wall.

Old 05-01-02, 07:05 AM
jnrom
Visiting Guest
Great ideas

Those are both great suggestions. However, regarding the block window. We do have aluminum siding. will that pose a problem?
I think the glass block window is probably the best thing to do, but i'm worried about the siding.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: