windows and siding

Old 06-02-02, 10:12 AM
twdco
Visiting Guest
windows and siding

I was considering new windows and siding for my house. A real estate agent friend of mine says you will never get that back when you sell it. Just paint it and fix the windows. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-02, 04:07 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Return on investment in windows and siding

Remodeling: Worth It?
Here's what Remodeling magazine reports

Siding replacement

Vinyl siding has captured a 50-plus percent share of the siding market with its improved quality and availability in almost any color and wood texture. Indeed, it 's become a legit choice for all but hardened skeptics. What do homeowners love most ? Its easy-care maintenance. All they need to do is point the pressure-washer hose in the right direction. Real estate pros nationwide estimate a 60 percent return on the cost of re-siding a home in vinyl.

Window replacement

When heat or air-conditioned air--in other words, money--starts flowing out of them, our windows suddenly demand immediate attention. Removing those old windows and putting in new ones is a relatively inexpensive home improvement. Nationwide , that investment would return 56 percent.

Remodeling: Worth It? Real Estate & Finance. HGTV. 02 June 2002. http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/project/0,1..._22068,00.html