replace broken screen windows

Old 06-03-02, 05:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question replace broken screen windows

I want to replace the screen windows on my sliding windows. The aluminum frames are bend and broken.

The screens are 27 1/2" x 47 1/2". Is this a standard size? Can I go to a hardware store and buy a replacement? If so, where would you suggest?
Old 06-03-02, 06:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
You probably aren't going to find something "off the shelf", but most hardware stores or building supply places can order screens.

If you have a choice, get frames that use an 'extruded' aluminum frame rather than the cheaper, hollow tube stuff they use on a lot of window screen frames........the extruded aluminum is MUCH stronger.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: