How do I make a door that wont warp?

Old 06-18-02, 04:07 PM
Ginnfizz
Visiting Guest
Question How do I make a door that wont warp?

deeppink

Bear with me...this is my first post~

MY son has asked me to find out for him (he doesn't have internet time cause he lives in the So pacific) the following:

What is the key to making a 'plum' door..?

What d I do so it won't 'warp'?'HE has all the wood-working tools..
Thank you experts SOOOOO much!!

You might Email me with the instructions in case i cannot find my way back??

Old 06-21-02, 03:15 PM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
What you're asking requires some fairly skilled woodworking and could ( and has ) filled books. There is no simple answer. I'd suggest you buy him some books on door making and general woodworking to start......then add a few years of experience.....it's not as simple as grabbing a plank and slapping together a door.

Old 06-22-02, 09:26 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing wood doors

The first step to making sure doors are installed square and plumb are to make sure the door openings are. You can purchase prehung door units or you can frame out your own doors and hang doors in them. Within the construction industry, there have been many door products that have been introduced to compensate for warping. These products tend not to meet aesthetic expectations ofhomeowners who desire solid wood doors.

Manufacturers of solid wood doors tend to produce products that are multi-panelled. Smaller pieces of solid hardwood are less subjective to warping than larger larger pieces.

Purchasing premanufactured solid wood doors tends to be less expensive and less time consuming than trying to manufacture your own.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: