Screen Door repair (sliders)

Old 07-03-02, 11:32 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Screen Door repair (sliders)

OK - I give up - I have fiddled with the screen on my sliding glass doors for months and it keeps falling off. Does anyone have any secrets - or maybe the correct procedure - to get these on to stay. It almost seems as if the screen is just too small - but when it is open - it seems to fit fine. Heeeellllllpppppppp

Old 07-03-02, 12:05 PM
G
Just for grins and giggles, take some measurements of the frame on both sides. Sounds like the frame is racked. The normal procedure is that there should be 2 or more adjustment screws on the top of the screen unit and some on the bottom also that are adjustable to keep the screen in place. There are rollers in there. Another thought is that the rollers have gotten a flat spot on them ans are rotating to that and then slipping out.

Old 07-03-02, 12:43 PM
B
Thanks Gary - I'll try that. If the rollers do have a flat spot - are they replaceable or is it just time for a new screen door? Does it matter if you fit it from the top or bottom first?

Old 07-03-02, 01:28 PM
Received 11 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Yes, you can replace just the wheels. If the frame is in good shape no need to buy a whole new door.

When you adjust the rollers, ensure the door rolls and hits the door jam evenly. It doesn't it could cause the rollers to jump off track. It will take some trail and error, but you should be able to do it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: