I want those pleats also!

Old 03-09-05, 03:22 PM
helenal
Visiting Guest
I want those pleats also!

OK annette. I could use the help you offered to gwynne99 regarding those wonderful pleats. This is what I have purchased from Spiegel

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/ensemble...tegory_id=2874

I tried to make those wonderful swags, but was not successful at all. Do you think the c rings will help me - I have done all the research about fanning the material, but the scarf is 6 yards long and difficult to work with. Can you offer any suggestions?

Old 03-09-05, 04:15 PM
InstallerKD
Visiting Guest
I read that rings are being used to secure the swags . Perhaps knots are what you are looking for . Where there is a knot there will be a bracket thus preplan positioning of swag overlap/knots before attempting intallation of any brakets . However , the end brackets are always about 4"-5" out from trim . The Cascades that hang down from end of pole will flare out just enough to cover brackets and trimwork . Lay out fabric and use a safety pin to temporarily mark the center .May remove after treatment is 100% dressed out to your liking . If there are an odd # of brackets start with the center with a knot and work outward . Doing one side at a time is good ..not neccesary to go back and forth left to right etc . . If there are an even # of brackets , find center of fabric (this will then be the center of swag) as you were with odd # of brackets follow same . All first/inner knots will be snug . the next/outer knot will surround this first knot to cover part of bracket also . Make this outer knot look the way you want it to and make loose and graceful to view . Common error is : Not enough fabric to make all 'neccessary ' knots , cascades and so on . Any amount of too much / extra fabric can always be tucked into the end knots , i.e. at both ends of the pole or rod .

Last edited by Annette; 03-10-05 at 12:11 PM. Reason: removed quote

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: