need help curtain/blinds color

Old 01-16-06, 01:43 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
need help curtain/blinds color

My walls are painted simply gray and the carpet is med blue, med oak trim and doors. I have one sliding glass door and one window that i need window treatments on. I have no idea what would look nice and really dont want vertical blinds on the slider, to me that is not pretty. My bed is a cherry sleigh bed with matching cherry dresser. Please help me i have sheets covering the windows now.

Old 01-16-06, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
I like panels on them, with a one way draw. You could mount a traverse rod with a valance or cornice over, or a decorative traverse rod or just a decorative rod with the panels on rings, so you can slide them open and closed. If the window is large, you could also hang panels on them, or if it's small, a roman shade always looks nice. If you're looking for readymades, JCPenney has a pretty nice selection. As for color, I can think of several ideas, but hopefully Annette will jump in as she may be better able to help you with that

Old 01-18-06, 11:46 AM
i'm so happy to hear you don't want vertical blinds! they wouldn't be nice in a bedroom with cherry furniture, especially a sleigh bed.

i agree with all the above advice, and would only add that, if you use a different treatment on the smaller window than the sliding door, like a roman shade on the window with panels on the door, unify them by using the same fabric on both.

as for what color, that's easy - just pull one of the colors out of your bedding set. if your set is solid, then find a print with that color in it. or if you want the window treatments to be more obscure, then go with the same color as the walls so they blend in.

Old 01-19-06, 09:51 AM
P
Thank you both for your ideas. And I will use them. As for the colors in my bedding, well I'm going to have to buy that to. I have a new bedding but the colors was beautiful in my house now that im in his, i think it is horrible. The colors are gold, tan, burgandy, deep blue gray, i think it is called jaguard maybe not sure. And I have so much trouble with color.....and with the color that he picked, I am so lost and have no idea at all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: