Color and style of window treatments??

Old 01-31-06, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Color and style of window treatments??

Hello. I need some help on choosing window treatments for my bedroom.First I will tell you my bedding is faux suede in a camel/taupe color,the carpet color is off-white and my walls are painted a color called squash(a darker yellow).I am willing to paint my room again(paint is cheap!)compared to buying new bedding.But it would be nice to get some advice on color and style of curtains that will suit both if possible!.Thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-06, 03:50 PM
how many & what kind of windows do you have? do you need light control or privacy or both? do you want draperies or just blinds/shades or both? what's the overall style/mood you're wanting? how casual/formal? budget?

Old 02-02-06, 12:53 PM
i have just the one window,rectangle shape, Im unsure of the measurements!I do have white wood blinds on there which I want to keep. Privacy isnt an issue because there isnt any one living behind me.Im looking for a cozy,casual look.As for budget I dont really want to spend a whole lot in case I change my bedding in the next few years.I hope that is enough info. for you.Thanks again.( My bedding has no pattern so should I look for drapes,curtains..etc.. with some sort of pattern?)

Old 02-02-06, 12:57 PM
what color wood is the furniture?

i'm thinking dark chocolate brown suede curtains would be good, but not if they fight with the wood.....i think i remember seeing some that were color blocked chocolate & camel...

Old 02-02-06, 01:12 PM
My bedroom suite is a rustic wood,with wrought iron detail on the headbord and dresser mirror top.Im unsure of type of wood (darker than pine but lighter than a cherry wood,if that helps)

Old 02-02-06, 01:44 PM
yes! that's perfect for using with the chocolate brown. i was also going to suggest using a wrought iron drapery rod. then tie it together with the same chocolate suede throw pillow on the bed.

the easiest way to find this would be to find the same or a similar camel suede comforter ensemble & see how they've done the windows. there might be a matching drapery & pillow for your set even?