cellular shades & drapes

Old 10-17-06, 05:47 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cellular shades & drapes

We just installed cellular shades (3/8 inch semi opaque) in our living room and dining room which is really one large room.

We have unused, semi transparent fabric in sufficient quantity to make curtains (straight panels and headers) for the windows.

The color is similar, ivory look in both blinds and fabric. However, the fabric has vertical, white stripes. One window is large with a small one on each side. There are two other, regular double-hung, side by side windows. Will we have a vertical stripe design conflict with the horizontal stripe effect of the cellular shades? Would it be wiser to purchase other fabric with some pattern?

Thank you for your advice!

Harlan

Old 10-18-06, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
I've seen vertical and horizontal stripes together done purposely, just for the design effect. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you like it. If I were you, I'd hang the fabric up there first, to see the effect, then you'll know if you like it or not. If your rod's already up, just hang it over, or use painter's tape to tape it up, or have someone hold it up.

Old 10-18-06, 11:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i'm predicting you won't like it. i don't think i would. would you wear a horizontally striped shirt with vertically striped pants?

i'm not sure i'd even like anything remotely sheer hanging over already sheer cell shades. i think your drapes need to be heavier (not transparent at all).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: