3 arched windows in a row....Need advice

Old 11-03-08, 10:55 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
3 arched windows in a row....Need advice

Ihave 3 arched windows side by side (each 44" wide), intricate molding and crown molding. They also have cottage plantation shutters for bottom privacy since we are on the lake. Any suggestions would be sooooo very appreciated.
The walls in the den/ living room are a golden cache. The sofa is black with peasants which are predominantly raspberry and the oriental rug background is also raspberry. I will try to attach some pictures if possible.

I have tried to copy a picture to this note but have been unsuccessful. The icon at the top of note when I highlight, it just sits there. Then I tried to copy and paste but no paste appears. So if anyone can tell me how to insert a picture, I would appreciate that advice also. Thanks, again, Jen

PS: I am going to be sending some other rooms asking for help. We hired an interior decorator but I am just not satisified with what he did and since he was soooo very expensive, I did not question him at the time as his clock runs even if you ask him a question.

Old 11-03-08, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
A software upgrade was made a few days ago and a lot of the functions are not working, such as the image button. They are working on it.
You still need to upload your pic to an photo site first, then copy and paste the link here. You can not copy and paste directly to this forum or upload a pic directly to the forum.

As for your question, I think I missed it, LOL!
I'm not following what you need help with.

Old 11-03-08, 05:07 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The link to the photo of the 3 arched windows.

http://photos.walmart.com/slideshow/AlbumID=39418131/PictureID=1138451649/a=4073561_4073561/t_=4073561[/IMG]

This is the link to the 3 arched windows. Any suggestions would be appreciated as to window treatments. Mamajenn

Last edited by MamaJenn; 11-03-08 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Delete an extra http://
Old 11-03-08, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Your pic is not showing and the link doesn't work either.
You need to right-click on your pic, click on "properties" at the bottom of the drop down menu, then copy the address url. The image button is now working. Click on that and paste that url.

Here's some arched window treatment ideas to look thru:

Arched Treatments

If you hire a designer, and they're not giving you what you want or if you don't like their ideas, you need to tell them goodbye pronto, then find someone else.

Old 11-04-08, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
OK, I saw your picture from your other thread:
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/DSCN0779.jpg

Not sure if you had anything particular in mind, but there doesn't seem to be any room to hang panels anywhere. I like the look of panels hung over the arch, but since the window hits the molding at the top, there's no room to mount a rod and there's no room at the sides for the panels to go either, even if you were to hang a rod under the arches. You want the panels to hug the outside of the windows, not hide them, and that would be impossible to do. You wouldn't want them to be skimpy either as that wouldn't look nice.
Is there any room for inside mount treatments. Can't tell for sure, but looks like there isn't.
If there is, I think either fabric romans or some type of valances would work, if you're just wanting to add some fabric the the windows.
The only other thing I can think of might be a sort of cascade type treatment hung just around the outside arches and coming down partway, which is hard to explain and would have to be custom made.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: