Drapery Pleats too high- need rings?

Old 11-12-08, 06:23 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drapery Pleats too high- need rings?

Hi,

I moved 2 sets of drapes to a new house, but left the hardware at the old house. I've installed new rods and rings with clips, (which is how they were hung in the old location). The pleats have drapery pins, which I put through the ring above the clip part. The problem is that the pleat is now above the drapery rod, which is not how they were hung in the old house. I looked at some old pictures and the top of the drape ( and pleat) was below the rod, about where the bottom of the clip is. But we did not use the clip. I do not want to use the clip and have the clip show- the window treatment is too formal.

Is there an add-on ring I can put on to the ring/clip combo, that will accept the drapery pin and hang lower than the rod? I hope this make sense. It is hard to describe without a visual.

Old 11-13-08, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
Hi! Is there anyway you can take a pic and upload it to a photo site, then post the link here?
While I understand what you're saying, I can't figure out the what and why without seeing a pic.
Are the drapery pins in the same place as before (I mean on the back of the draperies)? How far down from the top is the point of the pin?
Do you have the same kind of rod now as in the old house?

Old 11-14-08, 01:39 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Figured it out

I HAD put the pins in too low! Thank you. I hung my second set of drapes today, which had the pins still in them, and they are close to the top of the pleat, thus hanging right below the ring.

When I put the pins in on the other ones, I positioned them way to low ( about 2 " below the top) so the pleats stuck up above the rod.

I was never good at the spatial portions when we were tested as kids!

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: