Need Advice for Wide (But Short) Windows

Old 12-09-08, 06:53 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need Advice for Wide (But Short) Windows

I need some advice for a wall of windows that I have. I have 2 windows measuring 110" wide x 45.5" high. The windows are side by side with about 4 inches between the trim (ranch style trim). I am thinking that I want curtains instead blinds because I'm not crazy about the quality of the windows and want to cover them up to some extent (but I still want the light coming in from the windows). I was thinking sheers but I'm not sure if this is okay because the windows are so short. Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to deal with these windows?

Old 12-10-08, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
Yes, you can hang sheers, but I would go to the floor with them and get semi-sheers so they won't be as see thru but will still let light in. Get them wide enough so you can shir them on the rod tightly (if you're getting rodpockets).
You can also hang a panel at each end (on a separate rod preferably) to dress the windows up even more.

Old 12-10-08, 03:54 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice on the wide but short windows. I'm going to give it a try this weekend!

Old 12-10-08, 08:42 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
When you have two windows side by side and very close, you can treat as one. The trend is to ignore the height of windows and take the treatment all the way to the floor. You can also hang at ceiling height give the illusion of greater height. You can also extend beyond the windows to give the illusion of greater width.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: