Curtains for a dark blue/green office?

Old 01-17-09, 07:52 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Curtains for a dark blue/green office?

I recently painted my office Benjamin Moore Cushing Green and am trying to figure out what type and color of window covering to use in the room. It is on the smaller side and there is one window in the room facing Northwest. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 01-18-09, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I think we might need more info in order to offer suggestions. Do you need privacy? Do you need to block light or let more light in? What is your style (casual, contemporary, formal, etc.)? Do you have moldings (trim) and what color? What other colors are in the room? All wood or fabrics too?
Probably for a small room with one window, a shade or blind would work best. It could be fabric or hard, depending on what you prefer (either would work). If you go with a wood or woven wood blind, matching it to the trim or floor looks best. Fabric can match anything in the room. A tailored valance would look nice over blinds.
Check out these websites for inspiration (just click on home office in the photo gallery for suggestions):
Hunter Douglas
Smith and Noble
You don't have to buy from these places, but you may see something you like.
If you're interested in custom fabric shades, Romans always look good and work great in an office.

Old 01-22-09, 12:06 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello,

Blue and green curtain will look good in the office, but try to use light shades , for better light arrangement. The world of curtain and drapery has changed a lot, now drapery are coming in different fabrics, try to use light fabric.

Regards,
sarah_9

Last edited by Shadeladie; 01-22-09 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Advertising not allowed. Link removed.
Old 02-09-09, 03:58 PM
C
A northwest window probably gets afternoon sun? I would recommend a blind as well, maybe a bottom up so you can still get natural light into the room.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: