traverse rod problem

Old 09-01-09, 07:52 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
traverse rod problem

I installed a DesignView traverse rod yesterday sucessfully yesterday and when I pulled the cord only the right curtain moved. I looked behind the left pulley and saw a cord but the curtain is not moving. Any ideas on what is happening? Thnks. Lizard

Old 09-02-09, 06:29 PM
B
BLD
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what is happening is that side that is not movings cord is not locked in to the first leading "master carrier".

when you look behind the master carrier that is moving, you will see it is locked in place by 2 knots that are the end of the cord loop. The side that is not moving has the cord fished through it and is not locked in to the cord in any way.

Open the drapes so they are stacked to the left and right as tight as you can. go to the end that is not moving and locate the cord that is fished through it. pull the slack out form the loop that is used to operate the drape. Then go behind the carrier and pull a little slack from where is it fished through. twist this slack once so it form a loop and there should be a lil nub you hang the loop over which locks the carrier to the cord.

if done correctly your drapes will meet at the center of the rod

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: