A-Frame Window Treatments?

Old 01-26-10, 01:23 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A-Frame Window Treatments?

We're moving into a beautiful A-frame house, and the entire 2nd story is the master bedroom, which I'm going to love. One wall is a beautiful bank of windows, divided off with wood trim, both vertically and horizontially. I have the bottom half of the windows figured out, with a heavy sheer in a soft gold color, with panels on the ends, and in the middle where it's divided, kinda looped up over the bar and back through the loop, with scarves running through it all and then sheer ballon shades covering the windows (got the idea from jcp new catalog - loved the pic and now have a place to try the idea out). This is also where the bed is going, so this forms a backdrop for our queen sized sleigh bed, the ceilings are 25' cathederals. The problem area is from the halfway mark up to the peak of the A - not sure how to hang anything or if I even should? Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!

Old 01-26-10, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Well, you could hang long panels from the top and angled on knobs, then hang your scarves from the top or you can hang your panels and sheers on the bottom half and hang your scarves from the top, rather than the middle (sorry I'm not quite clear from your description as to your scarf placement).
On the other hand, if you're going to dress them the way you described, I'd leave the top bare because there's enough going on at the bottom.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: