How to decorate mixed windows

Old 10-23-19, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to decorate mixed windows

My dining room has 2 arched windows on the front and 2 regular windows on the side. Both are narrow. The bottom of the arch/beginning of the rectangle portion is lower than the top of the other two windows. I want to put a rod under the arch of the two front windows and a high rod (almost to ceiling) on other two windows. Would that look awkward and any suggestions on what to do? I feel the windows look naked without some type of fabric to soften them. Picture

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-19, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 36 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
That's a tough one because of the top of the arch going right under the molding like that. Yeah, it's not going to look too nice with different rod placements. They need to be at the same place going round the room.
If you want fabric, I'd rather replace the blinds with inside mount Roman shades if possible. But if you really want curtains, then the rods are going to have to go right under the molding, and at the very top of the arched windows. Not an ideal situation but would look better than mounted at different places.
Altho I also like fabric, perhaps it would be better to just leave them as is in this case. Because the windows are nice, it doesn't look bad. You could hang a large, colorful piece of art between the arched windows to add some color.