3 estimates, 3 opinions - help

Old 05-12-04, 11:32 AM
nesbitt
Visiting Guest
Question 3 estimates, 3 opinions - help

We are in the process of having a central air split system unit installed in our home. We have gotten estimates from 3 different installers with 3 different brands and, unfortunately, 3 different plans for ductwork layout. I am hoping that more opinions may be helpful. Here's what we have: a 20'x22' open area that includes the kitchen and family room and entry door (that only seemed to matter to one installer). So far we've heard: 2 centralized 4-way registers, 4 1-way registers in each corner (blowing in a circular direction), and 5 registers - 1 in each corner and one central register. I am very confused. The "4 in each corner" layout seemed to be the most logical as far as air flow goes, 2 registers just doesn't seem to be sufficient, and 5 seems like overkill. I am so confused. I would appreciate advice from "those more knowledgeable than me" in this area. We live in central East Texas so a/c is important. I'm trying to have the system run as efficiently as possible and have no "hot spots" in the room (which we have now with our window units). All of the installers seem very knowledgeable and honest but the major difference in layout has got me confused. Thanks for any advice.

Old 05-12-04, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Is this for just A/C are do you have heat in it also? Is this duct work in the attic or in the basement? Where are what are the return air grill are grills going to be ?What do the other rooms have for registers.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: