New house...hate the ducts!

Old 06-01-04, 04:58 PM
DCR
Visiting Guest
New house...hate the ducts!

Hi all, this is my first post about my first house! I purchased a brick ranch style home with an internal garage, which is adjoined to the basement. I want to finish the basement, but a big , square heater duct runs horizontally, through the basement and into the garage and really reduces my height options. Is it possible to replace this with a round duct that fits between the floor joices? This would flush the duct to the celing/floor and make my room much bigger when I finish it.

Old 06-02-04, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Are you sure the floor joist run the way you want to go with the duct??? Are you can like put 2 Sq duct up in the joist and run it that way. Its all in how do the joist run and how much room do you have up in the joist.

ED

Old 06-02-04, 11:25 AM
DCR
Visiting Guest
I posted without looking, and the duct runs across the joists and not with them, so I was wondering if I could just pipe straight back to the furnace with the flow of the joists. There are 3 or 4 vents that are fed by this duct.

Old 06-02-04, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

You sure this duct dont run along a beam there also?. Dont see the job so not sure what you have . Could take the duct down move it to the wall and add on to the round pipe you said you had over to it in the joist .Most of the time your better off just box around the duct.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: