Shed Ventilation

Old 06-09-04, 07:08 PM
coonazz
Visiting Guest
Question Shed Ventilation

Hi,

my problem; i have a 12'x20' shed with a barn style roof that's approx 15' in height. two small windows on opposite sides. the rafter are 2"x6" on each end up high are two eave vents that vent outside.. nothing else to move air.
when i have my shed closed-up it's pretty sealed and needless to say on hot days, which is mostly, it gets very hot inside. my questions are:

1. which would be a better vent, roof vent, turbine vent, or gable vent with thermositat??

2. if i use the gable vent should i also have somewhere else for air to circulate in? i don't want to keep the windows open because it rains often, hard down pours, which would only let water in.

3. or is there something else better out there to use??

any help, suggestions appericated.
thanks in advance

curtis

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-04, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Id put a gable vent fan on one end on a tstat. In the other gable you can put vents in it that wont let water in. Check at Grainger they ha ve what you need. If it dont rain you can open a window and get some air also .

ED

Old 06-12-04, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I saw the fan Ed is talking about at HD recently. I would also assume you could get the other louver there too. I think his idea is the best way to go also. Don't cut holes in the roof if you can avoid it.
Ken