Removing Air Return Duct

Old 06-29-04, 04:43 PM
dmilkosky
Visiting Guest
Removing Air Return Duct

I am in the process of removing a wall between my kitchen and dining room. There is a return vent in the wall and I am not sure where I should relocate it, or should I remove it altogether.

I have two options..... I think. One would be to close it up in the dining room and open it into the finished off basement, which has no returns right now. If I move it to the basement it would leave me with one return for about 400 square feet. Or I could move it to the adjoining wall, which would be much more difficult. Then I would have two returns in that 400 square feet. None the less I realize I need the return air for the system to function properly, but does it matter whether it comes from the finished basement or the kitchen/dining room.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Chris & Dawn

Old 06-30-04, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

I need the return air for the system to function properly, but does it matter whether it comes from the finished basement or the kitchen/dining room.
This might help the home if you put it down there. as you say its all finished off down there.Make sure you let it have the same SQ " or more down there.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: