Need advice on existing duct for new room

Old 09-02-04, 11:45 PM
Droctrebor
Visiting Guest
Need advice on existing duct for new room

Please bare with me as I am not knowledgable in the slightest as far as duct work goes.

Here is my situation, my wife and I are expecting our 5th child and so it has become necessary to build another bedroom. The plan is to use part of an unused living room as part of a bedroom and leaving the other half open, as is. There is a vent that blows directly into this room as it is now however with the design we have used to build, if we left the vent as is, it would blow straight into a wall. My intent is to use Flex tubing to accomodate a new path of air flow into this new bedroom. At the same time, I will need to run air to the remainder of the living room so I plan to run flex tubing to that side of the room as well from the same vent source ( I have built a soffit to accomodate this). Now, when I look into this vent as it is now, I see flex tubing running to the bathroom, flex tubing running to the laundry room, an air vent that blows directly into the room on the other side of the new bedroom I have built and a large hole at the top where the cold air is blowing downward.. With this setup as I have described, will I be able to attain sufficient air flow to the new room and the remainder of the living room using a "Y" at the existing vent ? The bedroom is roughly 8' x 12' and the remaining living room area is roughly 9' x 12'. Any suggestions or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for you replies.

Thank you,
Bob

Old 09-07-04, 03:56 PM
kevinpeterson
Visiting Guest
solid for suppl

Hi Bob, it sounds like you have an interesting project going. i would stay away from using flex hose for heat supply, it is great fro the returns but not supply. can you get solid ducting in the soffit you built?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: