finishing basement

Old 12-14-04, 12:07 PM
adamp
Visiting Guest
finishing basement

i am finishing 3 rooms in my basement and have followed much of the advice that i have recieved from this page, so thanks. i have a question and could some help.

i am finishing 1 large room - 15x40 with 2 exterior doors on the 40' side. i am also finishing 1 room off of this room that will be 15x13 and one bathroom 10x10. Per advice on this page i will place registers in ceiling on exterior walls and returns at floor level on interior walls. however i am not sure as to SIZE and NUMBER of returns and vents to put in each room??? any help would be greatly appriciated.

Old 12-14-04, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

As I say dont see it. But about 3 on that 40 ft wall. 6 " pipe to a 90o boot for a 2 1/4"X 12 register and one each on the 15 ft wall for 5 outlets there. Two in that 15 X 13 ft room and a smaller one with a 5 " pipe to the bath. Over kill dont hurt you can always close them down a little. What your trying is to cover all the outside walls with some hot air and cool air.
Cold air is like what do you have are can do. One 6" X 30" gill 2 stud space in a wall one 6X14 in that other room and none in the bath. Are on big one and cut that room and bath door off at the bottom 2"

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: