Old zoning system help......

Old 01-20-05, 08:50 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old zoning system help......

My forced hot air system uses an old Mastertrol Mark V controller panel to control the two zones of my HVAC. Each zone has a powered opposed blade damper, and the control panel seems pretty basic in that all it does is tell them what to do (Ive opened the panel, and there arent any fancy options, just relays for each zone and screw terminals for the wires).

I have a "newer" (i.e. its not the old round mercury bulb stat) programmable t-stat, which has a system selector switch, along with a fan selector switch. The panel itself has a System Selector switch attached to it, which has 4 positions (heat/fan/cool/off).

My goal is to be able to control at least the fan from the t-stat. Id like to be able to have the fan circulate as long as I want, but if any stat calls for heat while its circulating, the heat will kick on and eventually satisfy the calling stat, and then turn off heat but leave the fan on (hoping that leaving the fan on will allow the cold air under my cathedral ceiling to mix better with the warm air, eventually making the whole house warmer).

Ive talked to Honeywell zoning tech support, and they said "it doesnt look like there is a way", but they sounded pretty unsure about it (because its an older system). I was wondering if maybe anyone here has had experience with making this work with an older zoning setup.

Thanks in advance!!!
-Chris

Old 01-21-05, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Draw it out on paper first. If im right the new tstat has G on it so if you tie that to the "fan on" in the panel it should close if all teh right relays are there. Or you could make a jumper at the furnace for a switch so you could turn the fan on there to run all tthe time.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: