Vent for Downdraft Cooktop?

Old 01-26-05, 06:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Vent for Downdraft Cooktop?

I need to install a new cooktop with dawndraft. The eixsting connection is 6" ductwork, but the Jenn-air cooktop comes with 5" vent. How do the professional deal with the hookup? Can I buy some sort of flexible duct with one end opens at 5" and the other open at 6"? Thanks
Old 01-26-05, 07:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Forgot to mention

The new cooktop's 5" pipe is 4-5 inches off from where the original one was. So, I also need to have the flexibility of some kind of sleeves or something so that it can be hooked up to the 6" duct.

Does such a product exist?
Old 01-26-05, 09:39 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 17,505
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Just get a 5" 90oL and you can turn it to the offset you want to go into the 6"pipe .Id just get a 6" clean out cap and put it on the 6" pipe. cut it out for the 5" to go into it

Old 01-26-05, 08:26 PM
Jay11J's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 16,984
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
North, What model cook top are you gettting?

Most Jenn Air you can move the blower to blow out the back wall. Are you plan on going out the back wall or down and into the basement to the outside?

You can use a reducer of 5" to 6". Slip the 5" over the blower than just fill in the gap with what you need for the 6" pipe. Seal the joints with foil tape.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: