Duct Work question

Old 02-05-05, 09:48 AM
Schubeedu
Visiting Guest
Question Duct Work question

I have a 4 bedroom bungalow, two heating registers in living room, one heating register in Dining room (both rooms in the font half of the house) that also feeds to the kitchen. I want to have additional heat in my basement and want to tap into one or two of those vents to get SOME heat in the basement since the duct work is between the joists. Does anyone have any recommendations for tapping/feeding from those existing ducts that feed heat to the first floor so I can get some additional heat on the one side of my basement. I thought that if I have a small 3 inch hole with pinsnips and feed a modified round duct into it with a register at the other end pointing down would give some heat without taking too much away fromthe upstairs. ANY advice, recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 02-05-05, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Do take and cut a takeoff in the top of the duct run 6" pipe to a 90o boot about 12" off the outside wall blowing down with a 2 1/4 X12 register. Dont tap into any pipe run there that you have. Only right in to the trunk line. You could just put a 6X10 rgeister in the bottom of the truni line and open or close it as need be.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: