venting bathroom through gable vent

Old 03-02-05, 11:21 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
venting bathroom through gable vent

I need to have a fan and vent installed in my first floor bathroom to clear out the extra moisture.

A local contractor was looking at my attic (I have a cape cod) and he suggested that since my bathroom is in the front of my house, instead of having another hole cut through the roof where the vent would be visible is to run the vent to the attic and then down the end of the house and vent out one of the gable vents.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 02:20 PM
Wink

You dont say how long the run would be. It also could blow back into the attic.You dont want a long run. You need a good fliper vent on the end there also. They do have vents now that will go out in the over hang and blow down. could that work for you.

ED

Old 03-02-05, 05:32 PM
S
The run to the end of the house would be about 15 feet or so. On that part of the house I really dont have an overhand that it could be vented to.

If the best solution is to vent directly through the roof above I dont necessarily have a problem with that even if it isnt the most cosmetic, but it was suggested to me that running it to the gable vent would be more cosmetic.