flexible tubing?

Old 05-30-05, 07:34 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US
Posts: 365
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
flexible tubing?

First of all, I am new at this so I appreciate any help you can give.
I have an unfinished basement that I am working on finishing.
The size of the basement will be around 1500 sq. ft. when i get it finished.
The house is only 8 months old and the furnace/ac is situated in the middle of the far wall. When I tap into the main ducts that run on each side of the house, I think the correct verbiage is trunks, should i used the stiff galvenized tubing to feed my heating/ac vents or can i use the flexible tubing? Also, does it make a difference whether one uses the circular vents or the rectangular ones? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-03-05, 05:23 PM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 14,381
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts

First you should make sure the installed equipment will handle the extra load of the basement. Then you need to verify the existing ductwork, with the extra take offs you propose is going to be OK.
To answer your questions: I prefer metal duct but flex is easier to work with & is quieter. Square or round diffusers? Which ever you like. I prefer square but I like vanilla ice cream. Maybe you like chocolate.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: