exhaust fan in garage

Old 06-27-05, 06:47 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
exhaust fan in garage

My garage gets very hot when you park the cars in it and our deep freeze also resides in the garage. I have an exhaust fan that was rescued from my parents house and wish to install it in the roof of the garage. It is an adjustable type meaning you can raise or lower the temp threshold. My question is how do I go about installing it in a roof (that was re-roofed about 3 years ago) and make it water tight. Cutting the hole in the roof should not be much of a deal but making it water tight could be a concern. I thought about screwing it right into the decking and sealing it with silcone or asphalt but not sure that is the best way to go to make it water tight and still be able to remove it should the roof need replacing. Thanks for any and all help.

DrDave

Old 06-28-05, 02:49 AM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Is this a typical thermostatically controlled attic fan? If so, go to a manufacturers website. You will probably find installation directions there. Most brands install the same way, so you'll get a general idea.
You will want to be sure the fan has adequate makeup air. Perhaps a vent or two near the floor would suffice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: