water leaking in/around the ducts

Old 07-17-05, 06:12 AM
not_very_handy
Visiting Guest
water leaking in/around the ducts

water is dripping in my drop ceiling, and when i check where the water came from i saw its coming coming from the ducts..i not sure if its inside or outside the ducts..how can i fix this?

Old 07-17-05, 08:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
water drip

The water is caused by the cold air in the duct meeting the humid air surrounding the duct. Insulate around the duct as much as possible using foil faced, fiberglass duct wrap. This presumes the duct to be metal.

Old 07-17-05, 01:30 PM
not_very_handy
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Grady
The water is caused by the cold air in the duct meeting the humid air surrounding the duct. Insulate around the duct as much as possible using foil faced, fiberglass duct wrap. This presumes the duct to be metal.
is the cold air meeting the humid as you've said,will caused water that much?i forgot to mention to you that the water drips..like the water drops every seconds...and it happened while its raining hard that night but i do your advice anyway..thanks..

Old 07-17-05, 03:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Water drips

If your A/C is roof mounted, water could be coming in around where the equipment is attached to the roof. Another possibility is a clogged drain or rusted out drain pan.

Old 07-19-05, 10:44 PM
not_very_handy
Visiting Guest
ty

Originally Posted by Grady
If your A/C is roof mounted, water could be coming in around where the equipment is attached to the roof. Another possibility is a clogged drain or rusted out drain pan.
ty!!! grady you dont know how much your advice help me! take care

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: