Ventilation help needed for a rather large animal cage

Old 07-24-05, 02:13 AM
Plasma
Visiting Guest
Ventilation help needed for a rather large animal cage

Hi all,

I'm going to be building a rather large fully enclosed cage for my iguana very shortly, and I need some help putting together an air ventilation system for this.

The frame size for where the iguana is going to be in is actually 6 feet high, 7 or 7 1/2 feet long, and 3 1/2 feet deep. On top of this frame there will be another section ( a different frame) that holds all the electrical equipment like his lights, timer boxes, on off dimmer switches, and hopefully the ventilation system. The frame for this part can be no more that 2 feet tall.

As a fail safe in case it gets over a certain temperature I would like the system to turn on and extract hot air from the cage. How would I go about setting this up?

I also want to have some sort of ventilation system set up where it will very slowly pull air in from the outside of the cage and circulate it throughout the cage. How should I go about doing this?

All the pieces for this area will need to work fine in an area that's going to have a humidity rating of 70% or higher most of the time.

As if you all can't tell I have no Idea on where to even begin creating this part for the cage, which is why I'm here asking for help now.

Old 07-28-05, 07:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wink

boy.......that's awfully complicated. i'd suggest ditching the iguana and maybe get a cat and a litter box.

Old 07-30-05, 03:17 AM
Plasma
Visiting Guest
Well Tinner I'm not going to give up an animal just because it's not the easiest thing in the world to care for.

Anyways I think I may have figured out something that will work, but just wont look as nice as I planned. I'm thinking of using maybe a 1 sone or quieter bathroom exhaust fan for my "fail safe", with a rheostat hooked up to it.

I'll probably just use a low noise fan made for reptiles to get the air flow going throughout the cage.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: