Emerso Pryne Exhaust Fan

Old 01-15-06, 04:49 PM
Smok10a
Visiting Guest
Emerso Pryne Exhaust Fan

I have a very old Emerson Pryne Bathroom Exhaust fan Model 221/223 that needs to be replaced. How do I go about finding a replacement that will fit the housing/hole that I have. I don't want to tear apart the ceiling to make the replacement.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-06, 08:01 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The motor/fan is usually attached to the housing with just a couple of bolts and then plugged into a socket in the housing for power. If this is the case, you can pull the motor and then take it to a motor specialty place. In some cases, you can buy a whole new motor/fan unit and in others, you may have to pull the fan off the existing motor and put it on the new one. Alternatively, you may find an entire new unit with a motor which would fit your housing. Strangely enough the latter option is often cheaper as the specialty place will charge a premium for the part. I have done this a few time with good results. Keep in mind you may be changing the CFM of the unit by changing the motor and/or fan. Hope this helps.

Bruce

Old 03-01-11, 11:05 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am renovating my grandmother's house, and in the bathrooms are working Pryne Exhaust fans (#206 "Junior"). The problem is that I need to replace the covers. Min 8" opening, with center screw on (1/8") attachment. Any suggestions? Thank you!