bathroom vent fan help

Old 03-13-06, 10:14 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom vent fan help

We just bought s house that were fixing up all the snafus the previous owners made.

There is a first floor bathroom (2 story house) along an outside wall by the carport. there is a laundry room to the left and a bedroom to the right of the bathroom. there is no window in the bathroom.

there is an exhaust fam (broan lower end model) in the ceiling. I dont see where it vent to so I am assuming it just blows into the space between the floors. I cant imagine that is good.

how can a room like this be vented? the joist in the ceiling run parallel with the outside wall and there is a deck attached above the carport (so there is a header joist along the outside wall as well).

I dont know how long that fan has been there. hopefully, theres no science experiment going on up there.

Old 03-13-06, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I areas such as yours, most have to go with a wall mounted exhaust fan. I would be checking on the discharge of the current fan. Good luck.

Old 03-13-06, 10:28 AM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thats an excellent solution!!!! Doh! I should have though about that.

Are these types of fans insulated to keep the hot out in the summer and the cool out in the winter???

Old 03-13-06, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most have a damper or set of them that are only open when the fan is operating. The exhaust piping/damper does not always come with the unit so you can choose the design you want and will compliment your house. The Panasonic Whisper Wall comes complete with the duct and damper cover.

Last edited by majakdragon; 03-13-06 at 11:05 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: