power roof vents

Old 04-12-06, 07:08 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question power roof vents

just had new power roof vents installed and notice they make a lot more noise than the old ones, think the cfm is 1350?, old units were about 20 years old, no noise was noticed when they were no, talked to several other homeoweners in my area, south La., and same thing about noise and vibration. Can I use a variable speed adapter, like on my router, to slow down the speed on the vent motor? The old vent had a different blade than the new one and not sure of the cfm.

Old 04-12-06, 03:45 PM
U
Here in AZ, those roof mount fans don't last long. I installed what is essentially a small whole house fan in the garage ceiling to blow air into the attic, and hooked that up to the attic thermostat. It runs quieter, moves more air, and uses a bit more electricty, but the attic is now well ventilated.
You have to make sure your garage isn't too tight, and may even need to add a fresh air inlet to an outside wall. And close any hatches in the garage ceiling so the air must enter the attic and exit somewhere else rather than back into the garage.
A gas water heater in the garage may be an issue. My house is all electric.

Old 04-13-06, 05:33 PM
W
power roof vents

thanks for the info., looks like I have enough vents, just don't know if a a.c. variable speed controler will woprk with the vebt motor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: