Venting Bathroom (and house) with no attic

Old 05-27-06, 07:07 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Venting Bathroom (and house) with no attic

I have a log him with no attic. The upstairs consists of 1 larger bedroom, 2 small bedrooms and a small bathroom with shower stall. I'm getting a new roof done so I'm thinking that now may be the best time to consider venting options.

1- Are there bathroom fan vents that are designed for a house with no attic where there is only a few inches between inside ceiling and roofing tiles to work with? I have two daughters who I know will be soon reaching showering age and the dampness in the unvented bath is a big concern.

2- Are there any whole house venting methods for same?

Thanks...Tom

Old 05-27-06, 09:28 AM
W
Received 24 Upvotes on 20 Posts
Tom - my master bath vents through the roof. We have an attic, but the area where the vent is installed only has about 10" of clearance between the ceiling joist and the roof. You could also consider venting to an outside wall, although that might be difficult in a log home.
I would just go straight up from the bathroom ceiling through the roof.

Old 05-27-06, 06:56 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The fans I've seen have a motor box attached which I presume would typically be located just beyond the ceiling in the attic. Is there a different kind of exhaust fan that is more suitable for going straight through the roof? Wouldn't the motor be exposed to the outside?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: