Range hood vent duct work


Old 09-07-06, 08:31 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 70
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Range hood vent duct work

I am installing a range hood that will be vented to the outside via the wall. The hood calls for 3 1/4" x 10" duct. I need to install a wall cap to keep rain out of the duct work. I am having trouble finding one at my local home depot. Does anyone know where I can find one besides the big box stores? I am also concerned about aesthetics on the outside of the house. I am afraid that if the cap is metal, it will stick out like a sore thumb. Can I use a vent cap with louvers, like the 4" round duct ones for dryer vents, and transition the 3 1/4" x 10 duct to 4" round? That I would be able to get in vinyl, to match the siding color.

Old 09-07-06, 08:56 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,386
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Its better to stay in one post. . But as I said in the other post there is a 3 1/4X 10 wall cap that we use that will work for you. Dont stick out much and has a flipper in it. See if you can buy from Grainger.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: