Trane CleanEffects vs. media type filters

Old 10-06-06, 07:23 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trane CleanEffects vs. media type filters

I'm having a new central AC unit installed soon and want to include some kind of air filtration system. Currently I have none. If I go with a Trane system I'm thinking of their CleanEffects air cleaner but don't know anyone who actually has one. One non-Trane dealer told me they require cleaning too often and I'd be better off with pleated filters at the return ducts that require the filter media to be replaced every 18 months. The Trane CleanEffects sounds good on paper but I'd like to hear from someone with experience with them about their effectiveness and ease or difficulty of cleaning. Any other pros and cons on the best kinds and models of air cleaners are appreciated. Thanks, Wally

Old 10-06-06, 07:42 AM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Wally the clean effects info is just starting to come out. Lots of the info is it is loading up to quick. So it will have to be cleaned alot more. As far as the media filter goes I have a space-guard and their would be NO way I would leave it in that long. I change mine every 6 months. I have a 3 yr old a dog and a cat so your home conditions might be different than mine. But in no way would I go more than a yr on any media filter.

Old 10-06-06, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

The Trane CleanEffects air cleaner is working real good. Better than any EAC filter out now. Now like any other filter . Its more in how you live in the home and clean the home. How often you have to clean the filter out. One thing we run into is the more a person trys to clean the home by dusting and Vacuum. the faster the filters do get dirty. You might also look into the Air Bear filter its a pleated kind.
ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: