Heat Recovery Ventilator problem

Old 10-11-06, 12:27 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat Recovery Ventilator problem

I have a "LifeBreath" HRV. seems as though the low voltage wall mounted humidistat was shorted out, and now the unit will not work.

the short did not cause a trip in power at the panel, and when I connect the power the power lght on the unit does not illuminate, however, there is a slight humming sound.

I popped the panel cover to the electrical controls of the HRV, and there is no obvious fuse / ircut breaker. A local HVAC tech told me to look for a circut breaker on the transformer, but there is nothing there.

I have disconnected the remote (wall mount) Humidistat as there is an on board humidistat as well - on the same part of the unit as the power LEDs. Still no dice.

Thoughts?

Here is a pic (assuming I can post pics here)

or link to the pic here:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/CabbyShack/DSC02272.jpg

Old 10-11-06, 03:49 PM
My parents got this unit as well, and I haven't really look in this unit to see how it's set up.

You removed the low voltage wire, and take a reading at the screws where the wires go to?

What is the model number is yours? I will see if I can find something.

Old 10-13-06, 04:42 AM
D
no voltage on the humidistat leads.

model NO 200max... or is it max200....

Old 10-13-06, 05:22 AM
I looked at the manual, and only shows some parts breakdown. Looks like there is a fuse in side the unit, I honestly don't know where this is at since I never been inside of this unit. I am guessing behind the control knobs. so check to see if the fuse is blown or not.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: