Phil - MO


Old 10-15-06, 05:14 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 12
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Phil - MO

I purchased two Goodman air handlers, one 3 ton and one 4 ton updraft.
After driving to new house site and starting work I found out I need a return air box to fit the bottom of these units. I thought the air returns went into the side of the air handlers.
I'm bogged down with trying to do most everything myself on this house. I'm also a little concerned that a plywood box wouldn't look all that professional.
Does anybody make these boxes commercially??
Old 10-15-06, 08:07 PM
airman.1994's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 5,795
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Any HVAC company can make you one.
Old 10-16-06, 10:55 PM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,386
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

We make up all our own. But in FL and here have set the units up on a built up box with dry wall on the outside and line it with ductboard. if like in a room then the cold air grill comeing right into the side. Best to make them 24" high.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: